Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MAGIC! IT'S THE ONLY ANSWER!

But seriously. How do people come up with ideas for blog entries? I've never felt less creative in my whole life. I'm sprawled on the floor in my living room and my boyfriend and two friends of ours are similarly sprawled across some furniture and everyone's on their laptops and I think this is how people of our generation hang out now, each with their own computer sitting in their lap as a guard against actually interacting with and paying attention to anyone in the room. Anyway I didn't really have anything to do online, I already paid all my bills and checked Facebook and both my emails a billion times today and what else is there to do online? Web comics, but I'm caught up on all the ones I like (Hark a Vagrant, Dinosaur Comics, and everything else awesome). So I thought "I know! I'll update my brand-new beautiful blog!" And then I opened up a new post page and sat in front of it for probably a full five minutes and felt unimaginably stupid. So what should I do? Abandon this post and go doodle around somewhere else online? NO, because I'm not a QUITTER. I'm gonna make this post work, yes I am.

What do I want to share with zero people reading this right now? That an old acquaintance from high school just thoroughly tricked me and had me convinced he was in town for the night and was asking me to get a drink with him before he admitted he was actually in Texas? That one of our friends is playing a loud violent video game on his computer and obviously doesn't want to talk to us and only wants to use our internet and I'm a little bit offended but mostly just upset that there are loud shooting noises in my living room now? That I think our dog is depressed because of the move and because she misses her old co-owner and one of my best friends? That every time I talk to my mom now she asks me if I want to stay with my boyfriend during grad school next year (assuming I get in) or if I want to break up with him at the end of this year and that question's driving me crazy already and I absolutely hate that she asks me it every single time we talk?

No, I want to mention magic. And specifically why there isn't any in my life, or our lives. I've been watching "Pushing Daisies" all day and now I want everything in my life to be as magical as in that show. I don't understand why the colors in my life aren't beautifully vivid, why death isn't only semi-permanent, why pies can't serve as anti-depressants, why my life isn't filled with purpose right now like everyone's on that show. But now it's gotten late and I'm tired so that's all I'll say on magic right now. Good night America.

No comments:

Post a Comment